Tuesday, September 5, 2017 — 9:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
Room 104, Sing Tao Building, School of Journalism
Note: Orientation is mandatory for all incoming journalism students.
Orientation will give you the chance to meet your classmates, faculty and staff, and get acquainted with the facilities.
Tea, coffee and pastries will be available at 9 a.m. Come early to meet your classmates!
Welcome and introductions by:
- Mr. Wade Grant, Musqueam Indian Band
- Dr. Alfred Hermida, UBC Journalism Director
- Mr. Taranjit Singh, Graduate Student Society (GSS) President
- Ms. Anya Zoledziowski, School of Journalism Student Association (SJSA) Chair
Special Guest Speaker:
- Mr. Wawmeesh Hamilton, Discourse Media Reporter, J-School Alum 2015
12:30 p.m.: School of Journalism BBQ mixer
Meet and mingle with your fellow classmates, some second-year students, faculty and staff.
1:30 p.m.: Tour of j-school building (approximately 20 minutes long)